Really good game, your work is awesome. Did you develop it alone ? From scratch ? :)
They say they're protecting us, but from what?
Who do they think they are, keeping us behind these walls?
I gotta get out!
a game by
with music by
Zak can be played with Keyboard or a Gamepad.
Move: Left/Right, A/D
Jump: Up, W, Space
Attack: Z, K
Pause: Escape, P
Restart Level: R
Erase Save: hold Delete or Backspace for 5 seconds
Move: Left Control Stick
Jump: A, Y, Left Bumper
Attack: B, X, Right Bumper
Restart Level: Select
If you want to support games like this, consider buying Zak DX, the standalone version! It's just a buck, and I've included a number of special features:
- Screen Mode settings: Customize the way the game is rendered, even disabling the pixelation altogether if you want.
- Cheats: Godmode, infini-jump, even guns!
In addition, you'll also get these Bonus files:
- Music files! The FamiTracker project files for the finished soundtrack, plus a few from earlier in development!
- Level files! The Tiled maps for every level in the game!
- The original prototype for Zak, made in just a week!
In order to download this game you must purchase it at or above the minimum price of $1 USD. You will get access to the following files:
Log in with itch.io to leave a comment.
Thanks. I did everything except some of the music. The software I used is in the credits.
the character who saves you is the same one from that other game. the one that just goes on forever without any fighting. are you assembling a hero team like marvel did the avengers?
The Cal game is a prototype made for ProcJam, which I currently don't plan on turning into a full game. I've been working on Zak 2 for a long time (way too long) and Cal will feature heavily in that!
I can't wait until the next ones come out!
is there going to be a continuatio of this game?