the character who saves you is the same one from that other game. the one that just goes on forever without any fighting. are you assembling a hero team like marvel did the avengers?
They say they're protecting us, but from what?
Who do they think they are, keeping us behind these walls?
I gotta get out!
a game by
with music by
Zak can be played with Keyboard or a Gamepad.
Move: Left/Right, A/D
Jump: Up, W, Space
Attack: Z, K
Pause: Escape, P
Restart Level: R
Erase Save: hold Delete or Backspace for 5 seconds
Move: Left Control Stick
Jump: A, Y, Left Bumper
Attack: B, X, Right Bumper
Restart Level: Select
If you want to support games like this, consider buying Zak DX, the standalone version! It's just a buck, and I've included a number of special features:
- Screen Mode settings: Customize the way the game is rendered, even disabling the pixelation altogether if you want.
- Cheats: Godmode, infini-jump, even guns!
In addition, you'll also get these Bonus files:
- Music files! The FamiTracker project files for the finished soundtrack, plus a few from earlier in development!
- Level files! The Tiled maps for every level in the game!
- The original prototype for Zak, made in just a week!
In order to download this game you must purchase it at or above the minimum price of $1 USD. You will get access to the following files:
Log in with itch.io to leave a comment.
The Cal game is a prototype made for ProcJam, which I currently don't plan on turning into a full game. I've been working on Zak 2 for a long time (way too long) and Cal will feature heavily in that!
I can't wait until the next ones come out!
is there going to be a continuatio of this game?